Video marketing is one of the quickest ways to drive traffic to your website. If you haven’t noticed, YouTube can be used as a traffic power house. Just ask yourself how often do you visit YouTube.com? Whether you visit it frequently or not, you need to know that YouTube is very popular and it can be used to make insane amounts of money. Click Here to see quick YouTube Statistics. Now that you know the popularity of YouTube how can you leverage that traffic for your benefit? With a little bit of learning, you will be using YouTube in no time to drive constant traffic to your website. Read below to learn how to get started.
Getting started with YouTube
Before creating any YouTube videos, you need to create a YouTube Channel. Try to think of a channel name that makes sense, if nobody understands it your channel will have less authority. After you have all of that set up, add a background, and a profile image for your YouTube account. Once you have done everything above, it will be time for you to start adding videos to your channel.
The best way to get traffic on YouTube in 5 steps (my opinion)
In my opinion, the best way to drive traffic to your YouTube video is by ranking it in the YouTube search and on Google. For example, if your video is how to training your dog fast, the keyword you would try to rank for is “how to train your dog fast”. When trying to rank in the YouTube search, its best you start out with long tailed keywords. If you are familiar with SEO keyword strategies, then this will be very easy for you. Here are the key directions needed to optimizing your video for fast ranking.
- Add the exact keyword to the title of your video, you may also be creative and try to rank for two keywords at the same time. For example like this YouTube title – “How to train your dog: teach your dog tricks fast!”. If you do a good job with your keywords in the description and your tags, that video would also rank for this keyword “teach your dog tricks fast”.
- You need to make sure the description of your video is also keyword optimized. If you are including a link in your description, the link is always the first thing you add to your description if you are trying to rank that video. Next add a paragraph or two explaining the video or the topic and be sure to add the exact keyword a couple of times and add related keywords a couple of times too.
- Then you will have to add the tags to your YouTube video and choose the category. The tags should be your title, and three or four more keywords. Then choose your category, in this example it would be how-to. Then upload your video.
- That’s not all, in order for your video to rank for a competitive keyword, it needs views. A very effective way to get targeted views to your video is to add a video response to related videos in your niche. Another quick way to get traffic and subscribers is by doing something called sub 4 sub. The views wont be targeted, however it will help you rank your video. To sub 4 sub, just click here to visit the video on YouTube (s4s center) You will see several comments saying sub 4 sub. When you see that click on there channel name, subscribe to their channel,and finally send them a message telling them you subscribed and attach your video to it. (they will sub you back). After subbing a good amount of people you should have some decent traffic.
- You can also outsource the step to get YouTube views for your website or you can completely outsource the whole process of ranking your videos. There are many outsourcing sites like Odesk, Elance, Freelancer, Guru, and fiverr. If you want to outsource the whole process I recommend you go with whatever you want except for fiverr because fiverr only for small outsourcing jobs. If you want to get fast views, I recommend you go with fiverr, its the cheapest one (only $5).
Final thoughts (Must Read!)…
After you start getting your views to your video, don’t expect to get ranked instantly. Your video can take from just 24 hours to up to 1 month or more to get ranked. If you do get ranked, it really pays off. If you just slap your affiliate link in the ranked video, depending on the traffic that keyword gets, you will make lots of money.
If you are looking for the Fail-Proof way to rank videos on YouTube, and if you want exact step by step on screen directions, I recommend you check out the Video Traffic Academy course which teaches you EXACTLY how to rank videos and everything else you need to know to make money with YouTube.