Search engine optimization is one of the key components to running a successful business online. Not only will you be getting lots of extremely targeted traffic to your site, you are also getting all of this traffic for free. For those of you who don’t, know search engine optimization (seo) is used to rank a web page on page one for a certain keyword on Google. When people search for that keyword and they visit your webpage, that one visitor is considered free traffic. Obviously you wont be getting one visitor but you get the point. So how do you optimize your site for search engines? This is just onsite seo for your site.
Top 5 WordPress SEO plugins
- All in one Seo Pack – The all in one Seo pack plugin automatically optimizes your WordPress blog for search engines. After installing it, everything else is automatic. It generates meta tags automatically, avoids duplicate content on your blog and it works perfectly with WP E-commerce websites. Its a must have plug in for your blog!
- Seo Smart links – SEO Smart Links can automatically link keywords and phrases in your posts and comments with corresponding posts, pages, categories and tags on your blog.
- Seo friendly Images – SEO Friendly Images is a WordPress optimization plugin which automatically updates all images with proper ALT and TITLE attributes. If your images do not have ALT and TITLE already set, SEO Friendly Images will add them according the options you set. Additionally this makes the post W3C/xHTML valid as well. ALT attribute is important part of search engine optimization. It describes your image to search engine and when a user searches for a certain image this is a key determining factor for a match.
TITLE attribute play lesser role but is important for visitors as this text will automatically appear in the tooltip when mouse is over the image.
- Google XML Sitemaps – The Google XML sitemaps plugin automatically creates a site map for your WordPress site. This makes it easier for your WordPress blog to be indexed by major search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo.
- Cbnet Ping optimizer – This plug in automatically submits your site to hundreds of ping sites, every time you add a new post to your WordPress blog. This is basically a tool that alerts search engines that your blog has a new post. Adding your site to lots of ping sites can be very time consuming, with this plugin its all done on 100% autopilot.
Make sure your blog has the right keywords!
For example, let say you are trying to rank for this keyword “how to make money fast”. If you are trying to rank a post with those keywords make sure the title is the same “how to make money fast”. Then you will have to sprinkle that same keyword a little more throughout that post. Then your post has to have more LSI keywords than the actual keyword (related keywords). You can find LSI keywords with with the Google keyword tool. Now this post just basically covers onsite seo, stay tuned for the next post on off site seo for your site 🙂 For those of you who want advanced methods to ranking websites on Google to make money, I recommend you click here to check out the Google sniper 2.0 course
Liked this free post? follow me on twitter for updates on my latest marketing post:)